How can you know if you fart too often? adult content

I think I fart way too often. But how can I really know? I can't compare the number of times I fart per day to everyone else's experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• "On average, a person produces about half a liter of fart gas per day, distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts. Whereas it may be difficult for you to determine your daily flatus volume, you can certainly keep track of your daily numerical fart count. You might try this as a science fair project: Keep a journal of everything you eat and a count of your farts. You might make a note of the potency of their odor as well. See if you can discover a relationship between what you eat, how much you fart, and how much they smell."

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hang on I am LMAO!!  Well 'wiping tears from my eyes" I would think u might be farting to much when somebody smells the air and and ask "who ran over that skunk?" or look at u with tears running down their face asking u  "WTH crawled up your butt and died??" lolololol

sidesplittinglaughter

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think it definitely depends on what you eat. I mean if you had Taco Bell for dinner you can't expect to be fartless. Is that even a word? lol A lot of vegetables are culprits. You can try Beano. Its a pill you take before meals that eliminates gas.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I know its normal for guys to fart alot but I think my DH farts way too much! How do I know? Because his pants smell of fart all the time....even after being washed. LMAO
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• About one per hour would be normal...
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 2:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have farted more than 14 times since posting this question.

Is Beano healthful to take?

I can control it for the most part, I can not fart around people. But I need to fart really often, more often than other people, I think. And when I am alone I fart a ton.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yeah op, Beano is sold at Walmart. It's made out of foods and minerals. It's natural ingredients. It has fish in there as one of the ingredients, that much I remember.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Crap, I don't eat fish. Oh well, I guess I'll just be stinky.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'd talk to my dr if I were you. There may be a medical reason for it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Wow, hmm, I can't imagine that appointment. "I think I fart too much. I fart all day." Thanks, it's probably best to consult a doctor about many things, but I just don't see myself making that appointment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011