A period cup. adult content

What is it? I just read that some people use it and cloth pads, but how do they work? Is it a cup as in like the ones male athletes wear or like a drink cup? Just wondering. I am very curious about this.

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• http://www.divacup.com/4
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• hibbingmom, how is that clean if you just run water over it? Does it ever leak? Where do you buy it? How much does it cost?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• well if you're like at the mall or the store and in a super hurry, hot water and a paper towel HAS TO be good enough. esp if you have a kid, stroller, etc in tow!!!! you can buy diva wash (cleaner made by diva cup) but it's just overpriced cleanser. if you do not clean or boil the F**K out of it, you'll get irritated or like me, UTIs. my flow is around 5-6 days and I can only use it 2-3 of those days or I'll get one for sure, no matter HOW clean I keep the damn thing.

mine's NEVER leaked not one ever ever. it's really nice to know when you pull down your pants your indies remain pristine :)
    I bought mine on amazon.com but only because at the time I was buying my kids some gifts so I was getting free shipping. i see them almost everywhere online and have seen in a few specialty stores at some local malls occasionally. there's 2 sizes at least, I think it goes by age and if you've given birth
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i have a diva. it's squishy, like a kids toy.... you fold it and it's about like a tampon and insert it and rotate it a little and it pops open. it's not for everyone (I get uti's if I wear it too long) and it's not soooo great for being on the go (public toilets at restaurants are nearly impossible to take it out to the sink, clean/sanitize the blood off, go back into the toilet to re-insert with no one noticing) but it's clean, safe, cheap, and no tampon dangers or gross bulky pads
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 2:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks hibbingmom. I am actually seriously considering buying one. I am definitely spreading the word.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yeah. I think moat of us on here will be a size 2. I know I am even though I'm only 22 next month.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Well you had me sold on them up until the UTI and cleaning part lol. What would be great is if you could buy disposables and never have to reinsert or clean them! I think "Instead" brand that is sold at Walmart is the same thing isn't it? I've never tried it. I always wondered how often you have to change the cups. Once a day would be awesome lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i watched this on youtube b/c i was curious, it seems more gross than a pad. i mean, the blood just sits in there. eeew, not being absorbed or anything, i'll stick my tampons! though im hoping i don't have to use them anymore now that im on the depo shot for a yr. lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Lol I have been on the Paraguard IUD for 8 months and haven't gotten my period at all.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011