Weight loss motivation

What motivates you to lose the weight? What gets you to the point of I just cannot stand this weight anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• (cont) and it amazes me to think less than a year ago I was carrying around that much more weight. I'm still well over 200 lbs, but I have SO much more energy, and I enjoy eating right and exercising. A few things that keep me on track when I lose my motivation: do I want to lose all of the hard work I've put in? I put my goals in writing where I see them. I also have written out what motivates me to get healthy, and I put it where I can see it every day. I read it through when I feel a slump coming on. I also surround myself with fitness magazines and read them religiously. I signed up for my first 5K today, and it's in 2 weeks. I'm training for a half marathon in August. I want to start at my new university next fall and have no one know I was ever obese. Do whatever it takes to kick yourself in the ass and DO IT. You DESERVE to be healthy and fit!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Few things are my motivation right now, my biggest reason is my children. I want to be healthy and have energy again to chase them around more, play with them at the park. Second to that is I have degenerated disc in my lower back and doc told me if I were to lose weight would help relieve some of the pressure built on my disk (woman in my family have this problem) I also don't like feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 2:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thinking about hurting my heart. I would like to see my kids grow up and get married. I want to see my grandchildren.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had to hit rock bottom. I had a blood pressure reading that bordered on high (138/88), and I have a strong family history of heart disease, among other ailments. Then, I went skiing with my brother, which I LOVE to do, and I had been looking forward to the trip for weeks. I could only get through 3 runs before I felt like I was going to throw up. It was so depressing, and it pissed me off enough to get serious. I lost 17 lbs by summer, then plateaued until September when I got serious again. I've so far lost 42 lbs, with a long way to go, but it's HUGE. Now that I'm on track, I think about what example I am setting for my son. Now he knows that exercise of some kind is my norm. We eat healthy foods together. My husband is FINALLY starting to feel the fire under his ass, and has started tracking his food, and wants to work out with me. I feel better than I've felt in a long time. Lifting 42 lbs is a lot, (cont)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I want people to say "wow she looks great!!". So thinking about how people will react to the way I look motivates me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My motivation is feeling sexy again, fitting into my old jeans, & getting my back tattoo. (; oh and the fact that i won't get pregnant again until i am back to feeling 100 or maybe 99% sexy.
    & disgust is the biggest motivation ever.
    casicielo

Answer by casicielo at 6:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I want to be as thin as I was in HS again. Thats my motivation
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I want to be able to wear anything I want, and have the energy to keep up with the kids.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My motivation is knowing Im not getting any younger Iam 29 and I want to be active and have more energy and be healthy I want to keep up with my young daughters! I push Myself everyday with the help of my husband :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I want to feel good about the way I look
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011