Do you think it was rude?

Due to a medical problem I have recently had to start wearing a wig. I'm trying to make the best off it. Anyway, the other day I was at a funeral for a family member and I noticed that two of my female cousins kept looking in my direction (not really looking at me). After the service they came over and asked if that was my real hair? One of them said "I told her there was no way that was you real hair cause it doesn't ever look like you". I was speak less and on the verge of tears, my mom jumps in (god love her) and said "oh she's trying something different, I think she looks wonderful". Now I don't want to leave the house because I just know everyone will be looking at me and my weird hair. I was already self-conscious, now that's pushed me over the edge. Why would someone even ask that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I totally agree with HelloKitty1978 I'm sure you look FabuLoUs and they were jealous!
    Also they older generations sometimes don't know how to approach properly and ask questions they probably meant to say
    "Hey is that ______? Well, no Mildrid I don't think so, her hair always parts on the left and this is parted on the right...should we ask her??" "Oh I don't know, maybe she is trying on a wig because the style is different too?"
    "We're family Mildrid lets go and ask her!!"
    And then they made you feel bad.
    Don't feel Badly!
    You I'm sure look GREAT besides your mom would tell you if it didn't suit you...really!
    HUGS Sister/Friend!!!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Obviously they were jealous that your new hair rocks. =)

Keep up the smiles. <3
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Asking you most likely is not has you so upset. Your going through a difficult time. I try to remember when people ask me about my face not to take as a insult but only as curiosity. I have seizures and in July alone I took 64 stiches in my face. I have been asked if I was in a car accident? I explained no "I have brain injury and have injuries from seizure falls. I do not feel they were being rude. I know it was not to hurt me. I am sure it was not to hurt you either.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• That was beyond rude. I'm sorry they were so insensitive and nosy.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• trying to make themselves feel bigger and powerful by belittling others...... sorry u had to experience that. stupid people are around every corner.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• well u r still very young. im early 30's also. ive thought about trying wigs,, my hair has gotten way thinner than it used to be. if i can try em..u can do it. & you'll be fabulous!! honestly, anyone who says anything at all is seriously probably just jealous!! take care & good luck with everything
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Some ppl are just ignorant. They say whatever comes to their mind and lips and blurt out whatever without regard to anyone's feelings and without a care in the world. I don't think they meant harm, they're just ignorant if that makes any sense. Wigs are no big deal. Ppl wear them all the time. Even on toddlers and tiaras! And Dolly Parton has a house full of them!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• that was very rude. how old are these cousins of yours :( ?? that wouldve really upset me also, but u cant let it bring u down. everyone these days has some form of fake hair in i swear. especially celeberties. they all have extensions to make their hair look twice as full & longer. really.more people than u thnk. they were probably just jealous & hoping it was a wig because it looks 10 times better than their real hair does!! so dont be ashamed. try different wigs, you'll find one youre comfortavle with no doubt. some people even wear wigs like an accessory. to have the option to change it up & try all sorts of beautiful hairstyles! there was an episode on Mtv true life something? it was about addictions to shopping & one girl wore different wigs all the time..just because she liked how they looked & it was a form of expression.& if u watch real houswives of Atlanta..look at Kim!!lol. dont b ashamed girl!
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Of course that was rude. I'm glad your mom was right there for you.

HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• That was VERY rude. I am sorry you had to put up with that.
    Donnaleapinky

Answer by Donnaleapinky at 8:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2011