Why did Nazis keep people alive in camps? adult content

Why did they murder some and let others live in camps, feed them (however sparingly) and give them places to sleep? Why didn't they just shoot and gas all the people that they intended to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• they used them for labor, experiments, etc. they studied them, studied on them, use them to kill each other, for money, for sex, for maids, and plenty of other awful things
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Trust me that with the things they did to the ones still alive, they wished they died and get it over with. It wasn't the best of circumstances to be alive in and that's a huge understatement.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• One word--Slavery.

The inmates of the camps made uniforms, raised vegetables and animals as food for the soldiers and yes, served as guinea pigs for testing surgical procedures, medications and as test subjects to determine how German soldiers would react to various circumstances, such as exposure. Some worked in rubber, airplane and munitions plants and some mined coal. Eugenics experiments did occur, but not until near the end of the war.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• "Why did Nazis keep people alive in camps?"
    Just because they could......
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• They used them for all types of experiments; medical, psychological, sexual. They used them as slave labor. They had them do the most menial, potentially dangerous jobs because to the Nazis, the Jews weren't human. If the prisoners dies, they would simply replace them with another prisoner, just like we would replace batteries in a radio.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• am uber curious about my vote down. can you tell me (anon is fine!) why? I am very interesting in hearing how answering her question with some specific answers was negative or bad
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Are you serious??
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You're trying to make sense of it and get inside their way of thinking? Well to answer your question, because they were insane. There was no reason for any of it. None of the ppl killed and/or tortured deserved any of it. It brings great sadness to me that is happened. A better question to have asked would be"Why didn't they come to their senses and free everyone?"
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had looked up some info on the camps and the types of "medical" experiments they did on them not long ago. I was watching something on tv that piqued my curiosity. I knew those places were horrible but I was sickened by the things they did to experiment on them. how anyone could do that to people is beyond me.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Free labor!!!! (like fistandantalus said)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2011