What is the name of your cat,dog,etc?

Why did you name him/her that? I take my pet's names seriously, I spent over 2 months picking out a name for my last 2!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pets

• I have 3 cats. First one we named Star Tribune (Star for short) Because we were delievering the Star Tribune newspaper when we found her. There Muddy because hes a siamese and looks muddy. And Cat Soup (Soup for short). Our cat had kittens and she was supposed to be my sisters cat. She gave us a ferret she named Ferret Juice(Juice for short) so we gave her cat a weird name. But we ended up keeping Soup.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Sifl, as in Sifl and Olly (it was a TV show).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We have a Siamese cat named Oscar the shark slayer *movie* lol- We just call him Oscar though, and 2 dogs our Chocolate lab is "Blue" for my husbands team the Colts, and then our German Short haired Pointer is named Trigger since he is going to be our hunting dog :)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have 2 cats. One is peanutbutter & chocolate multi color, so we named her "Reese" the other one is solid gray color, we named her "Grace" because it is by Grace of God that we are Saved....
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Our fish is named Rainbow. He was named by a drawing between my friends, my son and I. My son wanted to name him cookie chopper, I said no we'll all give suggestions and then draw, so he is Rainbow. Then we have Nala, our cat. I came on here and asked for suggestions. Someone said watch her, see what she is like. She is a take charge kitty and I like the Lion King so Nala she is.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We have a Yellow lab/golden mix named Duffman. DH and I are Simpsons fans. We threw around lots of names from lots of our favorite shows, and when Duffman got tossed out, it stuck. We knew we had it.
    We also have a hound/german shepherd mix named Brandy. She was actually adopted my dh's parents when he was still living at home, and we were dating. All of the other female dogs in the house had "ee" sounds at the end of their names (Mindy, Suzie, Maggie), and we wanted to stick with the theme. (they had a big house and a lot of land) FIL, DH, and I named her on the way home from the shelter. FIL suggested Brandy, and we loved it. MIL tried so hard to change her name, but we were all stubborn about it. She stayed with them when we moved away, but 2 years later, FIL passed away from cancer, and MIL decided she had too many dogs. So, DH drove her back home ( from CA to KY) with FIL's jeep, that MIL had also given us.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We have two cats- Tibault (Tibby for short) because he acts like a prince. Wa, short for whiny a**, he's a REALLY talkative cat, and our dog is Remi Bear. We picked Remi because he looks like a sleepy cajun (and thats the name of Gambit in the x-men) and our roommate loves guns, so Remington.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We have 2 cats. PepperJack Johnny & ColbyJack Milo. Their names are a combination of ideas from our whole family.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• poohy and roxy i got a jack russel and a baset hound x jack russel
    momoftwo954

Answer by momoftwo954 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nora. That was her name when we got her.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 1:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011