while in the bathroom of a restaurant you notice a server used the toilet and didn't wash their hands;

what would you do ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• Probably tell the manager but I can tell you that no restaurant out there has employees that always wash. Out of 10 servers I'd say maybe 7 wash and about 2 or 3 do it the correct way. Reason I know this is because dh used to work in a lot of restaurants. And actually, the health code says that not only must an employee wash in the bathroom with warm water and soap, but they must also wash AGAIN once they get to the kitchen. They also aren't supposed to be wearing an apron into the bathroom.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Now if I did not see her wash her hands. Then I seen her go straight back to work and start working. (Waitressing). Then I would tell.

Answer by louise2 at 7:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i would def tell the manager and if i am not finished with my meal i would leave anyways and if they had a comment box i would comment about that. i worked in a kitchen at assisted living facility and i always always always was washing my hands. its very important for everyones safety. just washing hands in general is important.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would do nothing. Even though she is suppose to wash her hands right after she used the bathroom. That does not mean she is not going to wash them some where else. Or use that sanitizing gel on her hand. She could go into the kitchen and wash he hands too.

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011