Are there billboards where you live about May 21, 2011 being "judgement day"?

Where do you live? Just curious. I'm just so amazed that someone spent their money on this.

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• no.... sas it a church? but it worked, got your attention didn't it
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nope not here in Fifield, Wi but there maybe in my hometown of La Crosse, Wi (a bigger city).
    I find that interesting too since in the Bible I believe it says that our judgement day would come "like a theif in the night" and no one would know when it's coming.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thankfully I haven't seen that yet. There is a series of billboards on I-71 North between Cincinnati and Columbus that say things like "HELL - Are you going there?" and a few with the ten commandments on them. I ignore them, I don't know what they think they are going to accomplish?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• There is one off of the turnpike in S. FL (Ft Lauderdale area). And lol, actually I didn't even notice it...my husband did :)

BTW - question is supposed to say "live"
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The organization that is responisible for the billboards is a christian radio station called Family Radio.
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We're in VA, and I haven't seen any, and neither has my husband, though I've heard this. I think its funny, just because May 21 is my birthday, and also because people have been trying to predict the "end of times" for centuries now, and they're always wrong. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No signs like that here in Jersey.... It must be a south thing.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 9:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Why do people ^ always blame The South for whackos? I'm sure there are plenty of Yankee wankers to be found.

But, no...in my South, I haven't seen anything of the kind.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Lol...I'm originally from the northeast. There are definately just as many wackos there although I do think the south has more of the religious wackos.
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I've only heard about it here on CM ... haven't seen any billboards.

And stop blaming the South for the nutjobs! You Yankees have just as many!! LOL!!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011