back sleeping

i am 19 weeks pregnant so far and i know that at i think 16 weeks you have to stop lying flat on your back. Lately every night i start out sleeping on my side but I usually wake up, several times in the middle of the night to pee, on my back. I am afraid i going to suffocate my unborn baby.. am I being crazy?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't help the way that you move at night. I really wouldn't freak out about it. Your also still very early in your pregnancy where lying on your back wont restrict as much blood flow as it would if you were further along. Give it some time and you may stop the rolling altogether. I know I did.. it's pretty much impossible for me to roll over at night without putting some good effort into it lol Also try propping some pillows behind your back if you want to try and prevent that from happening.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Reading is bad for you!! LoL
    I did the same thing when I was pregnant with DD. I read and read and read, too much information. Overload of what not to do, and what to do. No worries.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Your not hurting the baby, maybe hurting yourself but not your baby.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Any dr will tell you that sleeping on your left side is best for pregnancy
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• And as far as suffocating....your baby isnt going to actually breathe until they are born! lol So no you wont suffocate him/her
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ok thanks guys i read that sleeping on ur back after a certain point causes the uterus to put pressure on the umbilical cord which restricts oxygen to the fetus... i have to stop reading lol
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i got one of those tv cushion that prop you up ... i had twins so towards the end i would slepp sitting up because it got so hard to breath
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2011