Do any of you celebrate your birthdays anymore?

just curious, i have a b-day coming up and my hubby want to do something special...I am pregnant and have a 4 yr old, i dont really want to do anything except hangout at home. Actually i kinda want everyone to forget about my birthday lol I'm turning 27

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hahaha im turning 26 this year and call it the bad side of 20 lol maybe you can just do dinner just u and the hubby thats what i usually do but if u really feel like staying home its your party and you can cry if you want too
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I try to forget it....lol I've never been big on parties for myself....we mostly hang out with friends and family and then they'll sneak in a cake for me! haha
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My friends bday is 2 days from mine so we usually get our fam and friends together for a dinner out and drinks. I know you cant drink though so dinner is just as good! lol Maybe have a small party with you and dh and dd/ds. Some balloons and a cake. Or go to a movie. My grandmom didnt like celebrating her bday so she had a kids party. Shed decorate and have all the grandkids over and have the party for them in her honor. lol It was soo much fun!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My DH always makes a big deal out of my birthday, it's really sweet. I'm 41.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• no i am like oyu i would rather forget about it. i am also turning 27 in a few weeks. (on feb 2) i dont like to be ing spot light for anything. i prefer to be the one to thru dh and kids bday parties. that makes much happier. IF i do agree to do something it is usually a dinner at an actual sit down restaraunt with dh and the kiddos. nothing fancy.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• WOW...i just read that back after posting it.....sorry coffee must not be circulating just yet. Because i can not type for anything this morning.....lol
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm turning 24 in July and I see this year ONLY doing something because for the past 3 years hubby's been gone for every birthday either underways or deployments. Usually my bday is another day in the year.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh, to be turning 27 again.... I'll be the big 3-0 at the beginning of July. The past few years, I haven't been home with DH for my birthday. I've been visiting family, and he has unfortunately had to stay behind for work. But, he usually does something special for me when I get home. We'll go out to dinner as a family. But on our anniversary is at the end of July, and we usually try to get sitting for that and go out just us.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OF COURSE! I'll be turning 50 this summer. I love birthdays. I do remember being pregnant with my 3rd son, and not feeling like doing anything big, but I definitely wanted to celebrate. A movie and a dinner that I didn't have to cook is a nice celebration.

My kids know how much I enjoy each of their birthdays, they're all adults, but as soon as they were old enough, they started doing things to make my birthday special for me.....

I just love birthdays.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes I do. I have to have a cake on my birthday. I always take the day off from work even if I'm not doing anything.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2011