WHAT IS GOING ON???? Hand is swollen

I woke up this morning, and my left hand is swollen!!!! Also, my body is itching, but there's no visible rash. WTH IS GOING ON?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• You could have slept "funny" and caused a disruption in the blood flow to your hands....try to use it to increase the circulation, wash the dishes (by hand, lol!) and hold it up (so gravity works on the fluid) when you are sitting. The itching could be an allergic reaction, or depending on where you live, very dry skin from the crazy winter weather. I was itching like crazy last night.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Do you have any animals in the house? Maybe you developed an allergy? It happened to me when I was 15, I had cats for 15 years and one morning I woke up and my whole face was swollen. Here it was my cat. If you are itchy then it seems to be some sort of reaction. The swelling should go down pretty fast though. Keep your eye on it and take benedryl GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No animals & I didn't eat anything out of the norm. My right hand is a little swollen as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Are you having an allergic reaction to a new food, maybe? Or an insect bite? Watch it carefully and don't let it get too bad without getting it checked out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hmmm. Not sure. Have your dr paged and see what they say. Swelling can be just as normal as it is dangerous. Just call and ask.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It could be that you slept on it too long.
    You had an allergic reaction to something.
    You have excess fluid.
    Poor Circulation due to an allergic reaction or excess fluid... Or just poor circulation in general.

It could be a number of things. When things swell without any known cause you really should go to the doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011