Morning sickness????? CONFUSED!

Since last Tuesday I have been waking up in the mornings gagging, then it started off gagging and vomiting and I was sure it was morning sickness. For the past two days the gagging and vomiting hasnt been so intense (this morning I finally vomitted good), then I get all empty stomach feeling and just feel like junk. I did that yesterday and as soon as I ate it was awful feeling and I have this faint metal junk taste in my mouth that just wont go away. As for now I am just empty stomach sick feeling and I guess this will be another day of it on and off, on and off, everything I eat sets like a brick including soda crackers....ick!

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sounds like morning sickness to me! its not fun...im 19 weeks pg and still going through it
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• gingerale? smoothies?
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No it isn't fun. Have you ever had it to wear it is really inetense and then eases off??
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The though of a smoothie doesnt sound good and havent tried the other. As for the other lady who is 19wks. hope you get to feeling better and soon!! :)
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have to agree. Try a little gartoraid only 8oz max (lots of sodium and sugar in it) For me at least this helped tons. I figured it was electrolyte issue, cause 70 oz of other fluids wasn't helping. Cause as long as I had 8 oz, I felt alright.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• All I can say is welcome to pregnancy! But seriously, if it gets too bad where its really effecting u. Your doc. can prescribe u som meds that will help w/ the morning sickness. If ur past ur 1st trimester & ur still going thru this. I would talk to my doc. about it. Hope u feel better soon.. my sympathy goes out too u.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 9:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• This may sound dumb to you, but it did help me a lot. I didn't have morning sickness with my last baby. I had 4-12pm sickness. It was terrible. An asian friend told me about accupressure. It is safe for you and baby. Non invasive and you can do it yourself. I found a great link for you.

http://www.maternityacupressure.com/acupressure-start-labor/acupressure-points-for-pregnancy.html

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• try gingersnaps instead of soda crackers. Ginger settles the stomach and eases the nausea better. My dr put me onto those when I was pregnant and they do work better than anything else when I'm hungry and nauseous at the same time. I hope you feel better :)
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 9:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• are you already taking prenatal vitamins...some of those can cause sickness. it may explain the taste you're getting in your mouth..are you taking them on an empty stomache?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• For the metal taste try taking your vitamins before you go to bed instead of in the morning or in the day, As for the sickness/empty feeling try to drink rice water(horchata) it has sugar, it helps to settle your stomach and it is filling. dont eat anyhting to heavy try sugar free jello I know it doesnt have the best taste but it works. you want to stay FAR away from gatorade it is not good for you or the baby, it can make you more sick. just a little bit to think about I have the same exact thing for a few weeks in the beging of my pregnancy and thats what my dr told me, I belive in natural pathology and the satment about "go to your dr and get some drugs" I would hope it not your first option there is plenty of natural alternatives out there but ultimitly is your decision...........good luck and hope you feel better!
    mylove2011

Answer by mylove2011 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011