i have a 14 month old boy who isnt walking yet what can i do to help him along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest son didnt walk til he was 15 months.. i used to let him hold onto the coffee table and sit on the floor a few feet away from him and get a toy and try to get him to walk to me... but hell walk when hes ready
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My son was like that, too. He cruised for around 6 months before letting go. I tried all kinds of coaxing methods and he just wouldn't do it.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 10:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Don't you worry. It is a boy thing. They love to crawl. They learn it early, they are really good at it, and most importantly they are fast. Walking is slow them down so they are not really interested in until their body is really strong enough to let them walk with the same speed as crawling without sit always on their bottom. So he will start to walk as soon as he is ready. Usually with girls they skip the crawling part. Parents are really concern why my daughter hates or doesn't crawl at all. Well, exactly the same thing. Girls usually don't like to crawl. But they try to walk earlier. It is just a children thing:) Try to convince him to walk but don't push him. He will stand up and run soon. You will regret you asked for him walking:P Mhaw:) Anyway if you have something he can stand up next to it and walk (so he won't fall) than he will start to use it because he can go with speed:) Guys...

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hold hands and their feet on the top of yours... while you take lil steps? My eldest was like this! He walked later than my 5 and 3 year olds (they walked at 9 months).
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2011