My cat is freaking me out!

I heard a hiss and growl behind me and its my cat Weasley standing in front of the closet. He never growls. He was afraid to go in there. I had to get down and comfort him and try to enourage him to go ahead and go in. He spent a few minutes looking in there acting nervous,and then begrudgingly went in and sat on his blanket.
What do you think,do I have a new ghost in the house?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had a cat that would sit in the corner on a chair and look up at the ceiling in one particular spot and growl lol...I just kept picturing the girl from the grudge coming down out of the ceiling corner with all of the hair...sorry, not helpful...
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 10:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Welllll, I guess it could be a ghost....or there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation. The other day, one of my cats was acting the same way about our laundry room. She was freaked out about it, acting all skittish and didn't want to go in there to use the litterbox. I finally figured out that there was a plastic dry-cleaning bag hanging up that had caught a little bit of a draft and was rustling as if there was something behind it. My kitty saw it's almost unnoticeable movement and was so scared, lol. I went and moved the bags for her, and she eventually went in and used the box. Very cautiously though, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i have no idea what thats about but it would freak me out too
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Well, animals r more intuned w/ thngs that we r not. Idk if its a ghost but ur cat is picking up on some negative energy from some where. I would definitley b freakn out if it hapn to me.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 10:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Maybe there was a past pet there and that said pet still comes to visit! And your cat sees it! They're very smart animals!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I used to have a dog who just out of nowhere bark like crazy at the celing...kinda wierded me out a bit.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My baby used to talk to the "angel on our ceiling." freaked me right out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• An evil spirit ..... my cat used to do that.... but when it was angels he would just sit and watch them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I looked in there. There was nothing out of the ordinary

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I already have 2 spirits who live here plus my grandma's spirit comes to see me once in awhile. My cats have acknowledged THOSE spirits in a positive way,so having my cat freak out scares me.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011