Toddler-friendly vacation ideas - summer, Ohio/Lower Michigan/Pennsylvania/Indiana - help!

I'm trying to plan a few-day vacation for my family this summer. My family consists of me, my significant other, and our (now) 20-month old son. We thought of Sesame Place in Pennsylvania, but it is 9 hours away - wowsers! We live in northwest Ohio and would like to stay closer to the 4 hour travel range. Does anyone have any ideas? Outside of Cedar Point, or places in the immediate vicinity. Help is appreciated, thanks! =)

kbriggle

Asked by kbriggle at 10:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Travel

• Have you thought about the Great Wolf Lodge? We went to the one in Kansas City when our son when he was about the same age as your son. Last summer we also went to the GWL in Wisconsin. I think there are 2 of them in Ohio. We really liked it because we could go to the indoor water park for an hour or so, or until my son was tired, and then we could walk back to our room. Then we could always go back later on without feeling like we wasted $20 a person to get into a water park for him to get tired of it after an hour. Great Wolf Lodge can be a little expensive, but they usually have some good deals if you look at their website.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would honestly just go camping up at Warren Dunes or another campsite and go to Lake Michigan. Most kids love the water and building Sand Castles.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The Indianapolis zoo is amazing!! Plus they have the childrens museum. And the circle with carriage rides.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks for the suggestions. We do have a Great Wolf lodge near here, and a few other huge indoor water parks. I wanted to steer clear of that until he gets a little older. Was hoping for someplace that is specifically geared toward LITTLE-little ones. I do like the idea of the Indianapolis Zoo. Maybe I'll investigate a few other things we could do over there. Thanks!
    kbriggle

Comment by kbriggle (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Santa Clause Indiana. I think that's the name of it. Michigan's adventure park ( Owned by CP) Camping at any of the Michigan State parks on Lake Michigan is AWESOME!!!!!
    Toledo has a great zoo!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I will have to look into those places. We live in Toledo, so we've had our fill of the zoo. Thanks!
    kbriggle

Comment by kbriggle (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2011