Sending son to preschool while on vacation?

I have a paid vacation this week and just wanted some other moms' opinions. I have to pay for my son to go to preschool whether he goes or not. He's been off most of the last week sick. Is it wrong to send him this week, even though I'll be home?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 10:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• no. its not wrong. it will probably let you get alot done. its the same if parents were on vacation and kids go to school. no different. you could send him only a few days if you want. or if you want to do some special things with him outside the home that would be fun too. i usually take my dd shopping or to the library when i am on vacation.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Not at all. If you have to pay for it anyway, and your son enjoys it, there is no harm in it at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would at least send him a few days. Especailly if he enjoys it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• it's preschool, right, not daycare. would you keep an older kid home from regular school if you were home on a paid vacation? We treat preschool the same as regular school. If you wouldn't let on older kid stay home, then don't feel bad about not having him home.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No, you would send an older child to school even if you had time off, this is no different (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Is this pre school or daycare?? When I worked any day I was off my kid was off, even if I paid. It's only because I wanted to spend the time with them, and being off of work allowed me to do that.
    Anonymous