A cat sitting in 4" of bath water and seems ill? Any clues?

I posted another question! About this said cat that won't drink! DD took him into the vets. Days ago. Well he's not drinking! She spent $200.00 on that visit! The vet gave him a fluids shot. Now I hear of him in the tub. How odd!? What to make of this? Any ideas? We're all jobless here and down on our luck! My cancer & we have Zero income at all. Then DD calls me of her cat! While I have 2 of my own acting up! Wondering their ages? All 13. Any thing to do with Winter Depression too? But he has to drink! I know animals are smart! But what is hers trying to tell her? Any Clues? We need & Love our Cats! Thank you for caring replies & ideas!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pets

• MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I googled it and came up with a site where you can get answers from a veterinarian. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• wow, did the cat actually jump into the bathtub or was he placed there? Cats normally hate feeling water on them, how odd. Either way this kitty cat doesnt feel well if he isnt scratching and clawing his way out of 4 inches of water. Will he eat that tuna the gals recommended or is he just sitting there? He must be very thirsty right now to be sitting like that. Do you have an animal hospital open on Sunday? Maybe you could just call and ask them how to hydrate him till Monday when you can get back into the vet. Since this is a continued problem, maybe vet will just charge you for visit and not for more,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• check here and see if this might help
    http://petsmd.com/symptomchecker.php?a=Cat&p=7
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• cats can be extremely wierd in their behavior when they are sick and hard to dianose or find out what is going on. also google for assistance for vet bills there are lots of websites that can help. like paws and whatnot.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No. DD called he went in there and laid down!! He won't eat or drink. Not the moist soft food, tuna in water, baby food, water nothing. We live in a rural area. Nothing close by. This cat is something else! A real original! Some of the ask.. Questions.. would like $18.00 for a Fee. After she charged $200.00. She can't afford anymore. Being jobless. Its Very Cold here where we live. She can only keep her house at 62. But she had a heater for him to lay by. She tries to make him feel as pampered, special and give whatever she can! Thank you for the replies & care! He's her Heart Cat! And since she can't have children. He's her loved fur Baby.
    Angellinda

Comment by Angellinda (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't want to alarm. But a very old cat I had, when her cancer in her kidneys got bad the day we had to put her down my mom found her in the bath tub laying in water. Thats when my mom knew she wasn't going to make it much longer and took her to the vet and had her put to sleep so she wouldn't suffer any more.
    Animals crawl into weird places when they are close to death. I'm sorry.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2011