What are your thoughts on the "Tiger Mom?"

I understand her wanting the best for her children, I mean we all do...but, I think she is taking it to an extreme. To me she is teaching her children that they can never fail. Failing at things isjust part of life and we pick ourselves back up and go forward...we always make mistakes-that's how we learn from them, lol not all the time-sometimes it takes some of us longer (like me) to realize, "Hello! That's not working for you!""Why are you still doing it!" LOL What are you thoughts on her?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 10:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, I see this kind of parent as a form of emotional abuse. It really makes me sad that there are children who are growing up in these kinds of households.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had and still have a Tiger mom. You must be the best otherwise you are nothing and she will make you feel like nothing. It is an emotionally and mentally traumatic experience you think you are looking out for the best interest of her child but at the same time your child grows with no identify and a battered soul.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree with you Queenofscrap.  Everyone makes mistakes and I would prefer it if my children are able to say "hey I messed up". 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I haven't read it yet but I'm planning to
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think it goes a bit to far and agree it does seem like a form of emotional abuse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ABUSE!!!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011