how can i stop my daughter from biting her nails?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• that's a horrible habit and actually i bite mine too but there's this stuff that you can buy over the counter that you can put on her nails to make them taste bad i'm not sure what it's called but just ask the pharmacist to help.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• chili pepper mixed in nail polish. paint her nails with it.

you can buy the premade one but the pepper is not strong enough...my daughter liked the flavor LOL

also try soaking her finger tips in nail polish remover. it soaks in and that taste takes a while to get rid of!
    Anonymous

• Walmart sells No Bite nail polish for around 3 dollars. It worked for my daughter. And me. LOL I bite my nails when Im stressed out! LOL
    gdnrs

Answer by gdnrs at 2:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I say let it go. My daughter is a nail bitter and always has been...if this is the most pain she caused me in her 17 yrs I am blessed! But you may want to tell her that a doctor will tell you there are more germs under her nails than are in her bumb.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I used that nail bite stuff from walmart too and it's disgusting! It does work though.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2008