Songs that me be inappropriate

When you are listening to music and your kids are in the same room, but doing other things do you quickly turn it off or change it or do you just let it go so that it isnt drawing attention to it?
My parents never made a big deal out of what we listened to even as little kid they just told me when things were not how people should really do things. I do the same thing. Half the time I don't think my kids even notice since they are not really paying attention and I feel like if I quick turn it off or change it my 4 year old will ask me why.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• I listened to whatever I liked as my son grew up. His favorite bands ended up being Motley Crue and Guns n' Roses. I'm sure his friends probably thought he was weird with 80s bands being his favorite.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm torn on this, there are some songs that I will change the station on. Some that come to mind are Crazy B*tch, Addicted, and Fu@k You Like an Animal. All of these come on the radio station I really like, but I don't think they are appropriate for kids of any age, so I change the station.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yeah i listen to explsit music!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 11:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When my kids are around we mostly listen to their music. Not Yo gabba and The wiggles type stuff but Good independent children's artist. My sons fav is Secret Agent 23 Skidoo which is kids hip-hop. I enjoy listening to their music. They have listened to my music and no I don;t make an effort to sensor my music when it is on but I also try to be careful what I select. I save the really explicit stuff for when they are not around.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I only listen to music that has a lot of cursing in it etc, when my kids are in the other room asleep.  If they wake up and walk in the room, I change it.  No, it doesn't attract their attention to it.  That's just in my house though. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I never made a big deal. But if I knew what was coming up I would change and I would tell the kids I don't like that song

gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011