Losing my mind!

my daughter is 2 years old and has been day time potty trained for a couple months now....but the last couple days she has decided that she is not going to tell me when she has to go pee and just pee's in her pants....i have tried being calm with her because i no that they can regress a little but i am losing my patience....how do you other mom's keep yourself calm when this happens, especially when you no that they were doing soo good and now all of a sudden just decided that they dont want to pee in the potty any more....Help me! I need some tips here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I watched Super Nanny and got great tips from her.  I love that woman, lol.  It is definitely frustrating!  The tip that worked for me is leaving them in the wet panties for just a minute before changing them.  The feeling is different.  Maybe that will work for you too!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You might go back to taking her to the potty every 30 minutes or so and explain why you are doing so
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Just relax....any emotional outburst from u will just make it worse. She has probably just noticed that going to the potty takes away precious playtime which is a bummer for a toddler. Let her experience the consequences of her actions with dignity and respect. If it happens during an outing or playdate...then the playdate or outing is over. If it happens at home...hand her new panties and pants and tell her she needs to change before she can go back to playing so she doesn't get her toys dirty. If she doesn't know how to dress herself....teach her during a calm period over the next couple of weeks. The idea is that it should be easier for her to go in the potty and less time consuming than going in her panties. I've been struggling with the same thing...tried several things...read this approach in a book and it seems to be working.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think you should make her change herself. I know that it worked for a friend of mine after six years of trying to potty train but every child is different you can try taking toys away every time it does it or you can give her a treat after she potties in the chair.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011