How can be 2 and days later just one

Hi I got an ultrasound on tuesday and they saw 2 sacs, onf riday they did another one and it was hard to find the second one, they told me that it mught be the possibility that one will dissapear, how come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes your body will re-absorb a sac, or they may have made a mistake the first time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It's actually more common than you would think. It's called Vanishing Twin Syndrome. It starts as 2 but one spontaneously aborts and is absorbed by the other twin and the mothers body.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Well in the second ultrasound they did saw the second sac, it was just hard to find and now they called it the qquestionable baby, and the other one is the clearly sac. Im ok with just one, Im pregnant thanks to God, but I just would liek to get the answer of why in so short time it passed from being a twins pregnancy to a single one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Its called vanishing twin syndrome.

vanishing twin, also known as fetal resorption, is a fetus in a multi-gestation pregnancy which dies in utero and is then partially or completely reabsorbed by the mother or twin
    MamaCyjo

Answer by MamaCyjo at 11:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thank you Mama Cyjo, I will read more about on the internet
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree that you may have a vanishing twin. When I was pregnant with my son I had an ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks. The doctor saw 1 baby and sac for sure and thought she saw another empty sac. I went back a week later and the 2nd sac was already being absorbed. if you google vanishing twin syndrome you should be able to find all kinds of info about it.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011