Stepmoms how do you deal with the birthmoms?

I see a lot of questions on here about natural moms having problems dealing with the stepmoms but I want to know the other side also.  How do you deal with the mom?  Do you feel like you have to keep the peace and hold your tongue?  Or do you do your own thing and don't worry about what the mom has to say? 

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• i dont know what to really say cause i dont agree with how she parents or how she treats her children. but i guess there is nothing much i can do about it since i am not there mother.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• She disappeared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• 7 years end to it, I've learned to hold my tongue. Every time she's nice to me it doesn't last long it just means she wants something. We have custody of my step son so I know that's why she hates me.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't. She's a freak and lives out of state.

The kids are old enough to where my husband doesn't have to talk to her much - which he prefers. He and his kids do call each other and have a good relationship.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I was one of the lucky ones cause the birth mom was too busy with bf's to worry about me. I dont know how I would have felt if she was constantly bad talking me to the kids. No matter what though, if the kids are with you and spend time with you and get to know you, it doesnt matter what she says, the truth is in the pudding. What the kids actually see and live is truth not the fabricated crap she might make up.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Maybe she hates you because you have custody.
    Anonymous

• shes the mom and i stay out of her and my husbands dealings. she has custody and moved out of state so he only gets to see his kids 3 times a year. i dont have to deal with her. lucky me!
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The bigger problem is usually the stepmom who actually thinks that they are involved in the parenting of the children.
    Anonymous

• when my hubbys xwife was alive i was the only one who got along with her i picked up my sd dropped her off and even had his x for diner
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 8:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh wow.  Well, that solves that problem, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2011