How much does getting your rabbits claws clipped generally cost?

Just wondering. I'm looking to have it done soon so just want to make sure it won't bankrupt us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pets

• My vet I took my rabbits to charged $8 just to have that done. No office visit.
    acr42685

Answer by acr42685 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My vet charges $13
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You should be able to do it yourself. You can use human's nail clippers or the kind you use for dogs. Have someone hold the rabbit in a comfortable position on their lap. have that person hold the scruff of you rabbits neck to keep him/her from jumping away and clip nail right below the pink part of the nail. if you accidently cut and it bleeds use cinnamon to stop the bleeding. try not to cut it that far. obviously it will hurt poor bunny wunny, but it will make him scared to get his nails cut again. I have raised rabbits for 41 yrs and never took one anywhere . I had 180 rabbits at a time some times. It is very easy to do. you can give your rabbit a quick bath by wetting your hands and rubbing front the back and back to front on him. this will remove loose hair. wet your hands more than once to do this. you can spot clean him with dawn dish deterent. I hope this helps. Not with a price but saving a little.
    Diana K.

Answer by Diana K. at 5:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Usually about 10 dollars, some rabbit rescues will do it for free for you though.
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It depends on the vet, so phone around to get a good rate. However you can also do it yourself if your bunny is manageable and easy to handle/hold- I find the easiest animal clippers look like scissors with a hole in the blade where the nail fits through before you snip it. I don't have rabbits but have never had a problem with guinea pigs, rats, or hedgehogs with those kind of clippers. Except for my one grumpy hedgehog who would roll up tight and not show here feet at all! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011