what are some eay to grow yourself fruits and veggies?

my DD is in love with fruits n veggies. i feel like im constantly going out and buying furits every day or two!
so what are some easy to grow yourself fruits n veggies so i may cut down my trips to the store?!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I grew 3 types of tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, red and green peppers, lettuce, onions, eggplant, cucumbers, brussels sprouts and green beans in my garden last summer. I had the best results with the sugary tomatoes (just like grape tomatoes), plum tomatoes, zucchini, squash and cucumbers. The others did well too, but did not yield as much. I had 3 sugary tomato plants that literally yielded HUNDREDS of delicious sweet tomatoes. My daughter at them right off the plant all summer long. I also do herbs in pots on my deck.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would love to know how. I kill everything I try to grow.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I grow zucchini, tomatoes and some years peppers. They are all easy and I have tried that upside-down growing thing for the past few years and I LOVE it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• tomatoes are the easiest
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• tomatoes worked out for me very well last year (my first year to try container gardening on my apartment patio) but I tried squash and it didn't have enough room to grow. The green onions have come back and come back and come back!! I love it! I also got some chives, and that is growing well also. Very little maintenance!!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Green onions. Go to the store and buy a bundle, use them but save the roots. Stick them in a pot of dirt. Super easy to grow and they seem to not be bothered by cool weather.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011