For women with piercings only please or women who know about them!

So hello all, I already have 6 piercings, 3 on each ear and my right nostril :) I have wanted a final one for a while but I couldn't decide between side labret, vertical labret or eyebrow. So after a lot of thought and information, I decided on eyebrow! I know all there is to know about it and I will ask my piercer for more info as well but the thing I read and it shocked me a bit is that it can 1) grow out of the skin and 2) get droopy, like falling, loose skin where you get it, if not done properly. I am wondering, is this true? Apparently, I would like answers from women who either have this piercing now or had it sometime in their lives :) Please let me know your experiences! Thanks a lot!

PS I am hoping my 15 month old DD won't be too fascinated with my piercing and wanting to grab it lol. :P

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have a good friend who had her eyebrow pierced. Her body rejected it and it 'grew out' now she has a nasty scar by her eyebrow. I like the way they look but I personally wouldn't risk it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• @ButMommie Thanks a lot for your input, but I would like answers from women who have experienced it themselves...and also I am getting it done no matter what, as I love piercings. :) But thanks anyways!
    Marianne140

Comment by Marianne140 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If it was me I would wait until your little one gets a little older. I had my eyebrow done when I was 19 and had a nephew pull it out and when he did it.... it ripped out. I heal pretty well and the scar from it is not noticable unless you are super close. Before this happened my piercing did start growing out as well.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had mine done last April. I have not had any problems with it. My sone was 3 when I got it so I had no problem with him grabing it either.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My ex had a labret peircing and it ruined his gum line. I would say eyebrow but I would personally be terrified about my little one pulling it out :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It depends on your body. Since it is a surface piercing, you run the risk of your body rejecting it and pushing it out. This happened to me when I had my navel done the first time. Labret piercings are safer as far as that goes, and the scar is much less noticeable if/when you decide to take it out.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011