vaccines appt monday

ok so my son has his first vaccine appt on Monday. My question is - Should I spread the vaccines out or get them done all at once? Which ones do they usually give a 2month old? Most people say to spread them out but I want to hear what you girls have to say. Thank yoU!

nora17

Asked by nora17 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you get three shots.. usually DTaP MMR and Hep B.. that's what my son got anyway. he'll be fine, if he's fussy give him a little tylenol. I say get it over with..
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• they can also get a rota virus vacc which they drink.
    VictinaG

• At two months my son got Polio, DTaP, HIB, Hep B, Pneumococcal, and Rotavirus. Then at 4 months he got the same. At his 4 month shots he had a reaction, we're assuming to the DTaP. So from now on we're seperating and delaying them. He will get all of them except for pertussis (the P part of DTaP), but he will only get one at a time and there will be at least 3 months in between each one.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• the doc is going to give whatever shots the baby needs at that time i always give my daughter her tylenol befor she gets her shots that way it kicks in not long after it will be fine i cried but i cried more and longer then she did
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I've been looking at this stuff a lot - if you can find out what brand vaccines your doctor uses -- most of the concerns are about the mercury content (possible link to autism)

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

I didn't delay my first two kids, but definitely I am working more aware now.  You can't ever be too cautious with your baby.

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think my guy had four at his two-month appointment and came through like a champ. I gave him Tylenol beforehand, and then he just spent the day snuggling with Mommy at home, it was actually a pretty good day!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son just had his first shots yesterday... They get three shots and a liquid that they drink.... Im getting all of his done when there due... unless something else happens..... But just go by what the schedual. if Possible!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I say no.. I am not immunizing my sons until age 3
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• All 3 of my children have had their vaccines on schedule. My oldest, my DH, and I have all been (or are in the process of) updated on our vaccines also. There are many that need to be redone as a teen or as an adult.

As we found out, the doctors have a safe schedule for the vaccines. They have to be given within certain guidelines and times. Some have to be given every 3 months, some can't be given less than 6 weeks apart, etc.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• (continued)

Personally, I have enough doctors appointments and co-pays to worry about. I would not want to drag them out in the cold to do a delayed vaccine schedule AND pay another co-pay when there is no valid reason to. Not to mention making them go through the shots every month. I'd rather get it over with all in one appointment every 3 months or so. Each round of shots only takes up .1% of their immune system, which is not very much.

You have to do what works for you and your family. Just make sure to get info from accredited medical sites, not the conspiricy theory scare tactic web sites.
    sammygrl77