• In the Spotlight:

if you knew you were having a baby w/ terminal disease would you keep it if you were broke ?

so sad but i would keep the baby...it's a gift from god...alll our days are numbered!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• yes.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• YEP!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If I were broke? I'm not sure finances have anything to do with the decision I would make. It would depend on the terminal illness. I have seen children who were terminal - and their parents. So I could not say either way. It would depend on the diagnosis and what type of quality of life my child was going to have. So my answer would be that it depends.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• yes, cause every child is a gift from God. He makes them like that for a reason beyond on our understanding...this video is a great example...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0
    momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 10:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• being broke has nothing to do with it as far as I see it.

I would keep my child
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would never even question weither I would keep a sick child. The way I see it, God never gives us more then what we can hanlde. And just sometimes God gives us these babies who are sick to show that he has a larger plan then we know.
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 11:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would keep the child. I know parents around the world face these kinds of issues daily and it has to be tough. I read a book called The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards about a man whose wife gives birth to a child with down syndrome and gives her away because he is afraid of the future she will have, it is the saddest thing and it ultimately tears him apart. Id never abort a pregnancy out of fear, the lord has a plan for all of us.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2008