Hi i am 11 wks pregnant and have hyperemesis gravidarum.... Has any of you moms ever experienced or is experiencing it? If so what are you doing to cope?

QUANA

Asked by QUANA at 12:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I. Had it with both pregnancy..from about two months till giving birth. I learned to eat things that were easy to come back up. Bread is hard to throw up..soi didn't eat that. Pudding is easy. I would work on trying to hold the food in as long as possible before getting sick. Ensure breakfast start seemed to stay down, but only drinking half a glass of it. I couldn't go to the grocery store, because the site of chicken or the whole smell of everything made me sick. Take your prenatal vitamins during the time frame when you are sick the least. Mine seemed to be mid morning/afternoon. I took it with pudding. Don't concentrate on eating, watch tv while you do it so brain isn't thinking to much of getting sick. I feel for you momma. It's going to be hard, but it does end when pregnancy ends.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ooo sweetie i feel your pain and with any luck it will go away here in a few short weeks. Try eating very small meals and sip ice cold water often. I found sucking on peppermints after eating helped keep food down alittle better. Just stay strong and try to get out and about in the fresh air visit family or friends if your busy maybe you will keep things down better it helped me a bit. Mine ended at about 17weeks. Good luck and remember that it is truly worth it. The things we go through for that little bundle of joy at the end.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had it severely with my first 2 pregnancies & spent most of the first 4 months hospitalized. I had daily injections of Compazine & Thorazine, which helped with the nausea, but kept me pretty much knocked out. This was 26 years ago, so I don't know if they still use them or not. When I found out they were actually tranquilizers used for mental patients, I refused to let my Dr. prescribe them, unless he could assure me that it would not have a bad affect on the baby. He told me if I didn't, I was so sick I would probably lose the baby within 3 days. So, I reluctantly went along with it & went on to have a healthy baby each time. I had absolutely no morning sickness with my last 2 pregnancies. My first 2 were in my 20's the second 2 were in my 40's, maybe that made a difference, I don't know.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011