How can I get my 21 month old to wear glasses? She has to held down...is she too young?

Her left eye is completely turned in.

mayberry

Asked by mayberry at 1:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep at it. My son began wearing glasses at 10 months. He didn't like it at first. We had to keep finding them and putting them back on him. After awhile, he got used to it. Do you have the glasses that have the ear pieces that wrap around the ear? They are better at keeping on.
    I know it is frustrating, but just keep putting them on her face and say a firm "No" when you see her taking them off.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks, I will keep at it. 10 months! Aww that sounds so little. We did buy the wrap around ear ones. Thanks for sharing.
    mayberry

Comment by mayberry (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• just keep putting them back on her you can try buying a band that hooks to each ear piece then it goes around the head that way they stay on better. My first son has bee wearing glasses since he was 2 and it was hard at first to get him to leave them on and leave them alone but after a while he was used to it and relized he had to wear them.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks Jaxsmommy I will. IT is so hard! We did buy a band as well. Thanks for sharing!
    mayberry

Comment by mayberry (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• They do NOT recommend using the band that wraps around the head. It can be a strangulation and choking hazard. My pediatric opthamologist stressed that we should NOT use a band.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011