How do you know he didn't do it?

I'm a single parent. I am on a few dating sites and only consider meeting men after we've talked online for quite a while, and then talked on the phone for a good while. So I've been talking to this one guy for a few weeks, on the internet only. He's told me a lot of things about himself. He recently confided that his ex-girlfriend (they were together for 9 years) committed suicide by putting a bullet in her head? Would you be put off by that? Would you feel differently about him? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd see if anyone you are close to has access to, or knows someone with access to the resources for doing a background check on him. Just sounds like work to me.... you know... baggage. I'm selfish, and I don't date fixer-uppers (anymore).
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 10:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well, I think the big clue that he didn't do it is that he's not in jail for murder.

Anonymous

• CAREFUL, CAREFUL CAREFUL...
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• woah. damn. i am at a loss. thats huge to tell someone online, yikes. Just be cautious.
    maddismama

Answer by maddismama at 10:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well after a few weeks and he is putting his and her business out their like that is weird to me I would be careful sounds to me like he want sympathy from you

Anonymous

• Is it wrong that I am wondering, "Why didn't that guy marry a woman he dated for 9 years?" Commitment issues? Drastic news aside, I think I would be put off by the idea that he dated someone so long and still didn't want marriage.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• pray about it!
    Anonymous

• I am the original poster of the above question. I'm adding some stuff ...

It's only been just over a year ago. There *could* still be an investigation going on. He even confided that his girlfriend's whole family thinks he did it. A few more facts:

1) He's the one who "found her"
    2) He was only gone for 12 minutes
    3) At one point during a conversation he said "Oh, if you ever met my girlfriend, you'd remember her. Her mouth NEVER shuts up!" (that creeped me out)
    4) I asked if her death was officially ruled a suicide and he said he didn't know. (wouldn't you know that???)
    Anonymous

• run run run and dont look back
    Anonymous

• woah...they were together for 9 yrs. then she put a bullet in her head??....i agree...run
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008