Enlarged adenoids in 22 months old daughter... need advice from moms who have experienced this!

Hi moms,
my daughter has been experiencing complications from enlarged adenoids. she is a mouth breather and has difficulty breathing at night. she has had one strep throat incident. the ENT is most likely recommending surgery. i am trying to find a natural solution or figure the cause for enlargment. have you experienced this and what was your outcome??? any advice is much appreciated!

MarahMama

Asked by MarahMama at 1:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• My granddaughter just had both her tonsils and adenoids removed back in November. She was just about 3. We had been watching her since last spring. She sounded worse than my dog when he snores. It was bad. Also, she was just not talking clearly. So, we thought it would help with that. The Dr., at her last appointment in October, said, get them out as soon as possible! So, this year, so far, she's been so much healthier and she is even talking better now.

Our Dr. does not recommend the surgery unless it's absolutely necessary. So, she chose to monitor her for about 6 months.

I am so glad we did it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Thanks for the replies please bump this question for me!
    MarahMama

Comment by MarahMama (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My oldest son has actually had them taken out. He's had chronic ear infections since he was six months old. It was an easy surgery with relatively simple recovery. He's been fine since. If you don't trust your ENT then get a second opinion or let it go and see if it gets worse. I went with the surgery because nothing else was working.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2011