Does a tanning salon hidden camera video taping scandal make you wary?

Just on Friday 1/21, a North County San Diego tanning salon owner was busted for hidden camera video taping 6 women and 1 young teenage girl. He was also caught with child porn (big surprise). Will you now be wary going into tanning salons? What could tanning salon owners do to help you feel safer, and that they will respect your privacy?

Will you let your teenage daughter go to tanning salons alone now?

Feedback please!

Click Here for more details, to leave more detailed feedback, and to answer a poll question.

TheWaxQueen

Asked by TheWaxQueen at 1:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, I tanned for twenty years. As much as I thought about it, it didn't stop me from tanning. But, yeah, I've heard of it happening... even in my own town.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The tanning salon is the first place my daughter went on her 18th B-day I would not consent to this as a minor- Because she could. Anytime that I have gone, I have worn a bathing suit and covered my face. It was basically just to color my legs-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I spent two months tanning at 23...in prep for my friends wedding. I wouldn't do that again, but MAN does it feel GOOD when you are doing it...it's kind of addicting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No skin cancer & wrinkles make me wary! Plus, tans are never attractive!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I've never tanned but this is just one more thing that keeps me away
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• WHY does someone living in SAN DIEGO even NEED to go to a tanning salon?!?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I love my healthy natural skin and would never go tanning. The turning orange, skin cancer and laying in a coffin like bed really was a turn off to me. I never considered some perv could be taking video. Even more reasons to stay away.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 2:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I used to visit tanning salons, back when I thought I was invincible, and cancer was something that happened to other people. I never worried about hidden cameras, but that does add a new element to the dangers of tanning booths. It's not worth the risk to my skin, my daughter's skin, or to our safety regarding other types of exposure.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Because the temp in San Diego hovers in the high 60s-low 70s- not really all that bathing suit tan friendly- San Diego is a really jeans and short sleeved short location.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011