Tell me your opinions ladies! Airing my "dirty laundry", lol.

Here is the background.  When our first child was born, my hub worked 8 hour shifts during the daytime.  He would come home and take a nap.  When our son got up at night and it woke my hub up, he wasn't upset because he had already taken a nap during the afternoon.  It didn't make him tired the next day, etc.  When our 2nd child was born he had switched jobs and the shifts are as follows: 12 hour shifts, 6 weeks of working 8m to 8pm, the next 6 weeks he has to work 8pm to 8am.  I started sleeping on the couch with our newborn in the same room because he can no longer nap during the daytime, or at all.  When our 3rd child was born, I did the same thing.  Now I am pregnant with our 4th and I will be doing the same thing.  My sister has complained nonstop.  She doesn't understand my reasoning.  My reasoning is that I stay at home with the kids and I can pretty much nap if I need to so I don't want my hub waking up and being tired that day or night.  She said that I'm being ridiculous.  Okay, lol.  I just want to get your ladies take on it.  Of course, eventually they will all be in their own beds, the oldest 2 have no problems sleeping in their own beds when they have them.  But for now I think this works.  What is your opinion?

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I always let my hubby sleep... My input is my JOB is my children and his JOB is outside of the home. When we had our first child he went to school full time and worked full time. You bet your ass I didnt even THINK of waking him up. I know he would have if I asked him up I never felt it was right. On the weekends he let me sleep in and he got up. With the 2ND child he has been not working as much so we have switched off. To each their own. Her sister needs to mind her own business and see how long her relationship lasts compared to yours. Honestly, relationships are all about communication... if you have a problem with what youre doing then talk to your hubby about it. If ti is working and has been working for both of you, then youre doing the right thing!!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think you are a doll and your hubby should feel blessed to have you. Do what is right for you and w/o sounding rude tell your sister to butt-out :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If it works for you, why is it any of her concern?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yay, I'm not the only one who understands my Husband needs sleep and cares enough to let Him get it! *high five*
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• P/s I would do the same :)
    jen2774161

• Its her business because? Its what works for the best for your household not hers..
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If it works for you and hub, why change it? My husband has never gotten up with either baby in the middle of the night since I stay home with the kids. Every families dynamic is different, if your sister doesn't get it, that's her problem.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If it works for you. So I guess you do not have an extra bed or bedroom you can sleep in with the baby?

Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Wow...I found someone else! I did the SAME thing. Even with my youngest when DH was the one who stayed home, I woke up because I was nursing and then he would take over at a certain time and I would nap. When he was working especially though I never made him get up with dd. Why should he sleep walk through the day and piss off his boss? I was able to nap any time dd did and he didn't have that option. Plus, I don't get the reasoning of waking up the dad when ur nursing so he can "hand you the baby." That's' not helpful, that just serves to both of us tired and cranky the next day.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Bravo! What a lady. You should let your husband sleep. Maybe sis is jealous. sounds like you are a loving mom and a caring wife.
    Diana K.

Answer by Diana K. at 2:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011