When you give your child baby food......

Do you feed them the whole veggie and then the fruit of open both and alternate? I feed the whole veggie first then the fruit but my mom does both at the same time. IMO the fruit is like "dessert". What do you think.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 1:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed the veggie first and then the fruit.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i feed mine fruit in the morning and veggies or meat at dinner....i never mix them...but that is wat his doc wants me to do
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I also always did the veggies first and then the fruit.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think the same way.  I read online that feeding a child "sweets" first can make them not want the veggies.  I don't know if it's true, never asked anyone if it had happened to them.  I fed the meat mixed in with the veggies and then a "desert" afterwards.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I can't spell worth a crap.  Of course I didn't feed my babies a desert, lol.

MrsHouston47302

• You should never serve fruits and veggies together, it can cause digestive issues. Meat & Veggies together is fine, or Oats/Cereal & Fruits would be fine. But you shouldn't be serving them together...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011