radio???

okay so i asked this question last night but im not sure if my point got across excatly... so here i go again with better explaining :)

do you let your kids listen to the radio?? why not?

the radio plays all kinds of songs.. some perfectly okay for the kids to rock out to and enjoy.. but what about the bad ones? with cuss words or suggestive language?? what about when they sing those words?? or ask lots and lots of questions?? "mommy what does ____ mean??

sandjmom99

Asked by sandjmom99 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• We listen to cd's or radio disney on very few occassion we listen to others but I will change it of course if it is inappropriate.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Kids are going to hear much worse at school, on TV, sometimes even right at home. The radio generally bleeps out, or changes cuss words, at least where I live they do. I think music is perfectly fine, as long as you aren't letting your little ones rock out to eminem all day....I think its fine!!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• while listening to the radio, if a song comes on and it's innappropriate, i change the channel. If i don't know, and we hear something bad, i just turn it down and say out loud "oh, that was a naughty word". That is all i've ever needed to say or do. They're going to hear things, it's what we teach them about what they hear.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The day my son asked me what a disco stick was, I realized it was time to stop listening to pop music with them in the car...so then I started listening to country but recently my son wanted to know why the guy is pretty good at drinkin beer...so now we just listen to christian rock on the radio when they are in the car...LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011