Was this wrong? We called the cops on a little kid...

This little boy came into our yard and started messing with things. Then, he started kicking our dog. DH went outside and asked him to stop and go home...he starts cussing at him and refuses to leave. DH tells him to leave again. He starts running around throwing punches and kicks at our dog, and then he starts punching DH. Yes, hubby could have whipped his butt, but he's not gonna start beating up some little kid. lol. That would be bad... so he just kind of blocks his punches and keeps telling him leave. The kid just WILL NOT LEAVE. We had NO idea where he was from, who his parents are, or we would have just found them and told them to get their dang kid. He didn't look like anyone we knew from around here. He's kicking at our dog and trying to get at DH the whole time...which obviously didn't hurt him but he couldn't just go in and let him attack our dog (our dog REFUSES to come inside... so she was outside in the fenced in area.)

So anyway, DH is keeping him away from the dog, the kid won't say where he's from...so he yells for me and I see them out the window and the only thing we could think to do was call the cops to tell them to come get the darn kid because DH wasn't gonna physically put his hands on him and risk the kid saying he was attacking him or something... when the cops got there the parents had finally shown up and starting walking the kid home and the cop talks to them... and then they look at us like we were crazy for calling since it was just a kid I guess...but what would you have done? Grabbed the kid and carried him across the street? Pushed him down and knocked him off the dog? It's not like DH was incapable of removing him... but it could have easily gotten stupid if the kid had said DH grabbed him...we'd have no proof that he was lying... and Dh is a big guy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think your husband did the right thing. He doesn't need this kid making false accusations on him and the kid needs a wake up call.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You did the right hting. I hope it teaches both the child and parents a lesson.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No you did the right thing...... Apparently his parents are not watching him.

Hopefully the cops scared him enough that he won't do it again to anyone.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would have done the same exact thing!!!! Better to call the cops, than have ur DH fight w/ that little boy and have the cops called ON ur dh. I hope your dog is okay =( and hope DH is too lol im sure he was furious.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Your DH did the right thing. If it had come to him laying hands on this punk then u would be the witness for your hubby.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think you did the right thing, the kid was trouble and could have easily falsely accused him of something. Maybe it would be a wake up call for the parents. One could only hope anyway, the kid got the lack of respect from somewhere.

mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hell no it was'nt wrong, like you said, what were you supposed to do? I think you showed amazing self-control,if some kid was kicking my kid I'm not sure what I would do. I know what I 'd want to do though :)
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would put a fence up around the whole yard with a lock if u can afford it. Alot of kids today have no respect for anybody or animals. Sounds like the parents r just like him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, our dog is fine now! He mostly freaked her out more than injured her... she is very friendly and will walk up to anybody. He didn't get more than one or two partial kicks in before DH got in his way. I assume the kid was aiming to get on our swing set and the dog walked up and he didn't want her around or blocking his way. I've never seen a kid be that disrespectful before!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You did the right thing. I wonder why he was behaving in such a manner?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011