Surgery?

Which would you prefer to be done and why.. Hysterectomy, tubal ligation, hubby being snipped or none?

ArystaBrat

Asked by ArystaBrat at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband had a vasectomy five and a half years ago. I wouldn't mind having a hysterectomy, though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Snipping is the least invasive.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Why r people so non-chalant about hysterectomies!!! R u at a meat market deciding on lunchmeat!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hysterctomy was the best thing for me
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't see anyone being nonchalant. I've had an endometrial ablation that is failing, and I would rather have one surgery to remove my uterus than go back every year or two to repeat my ablation. Why are you so concerned about other women's bodies?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• none of the above... my mother had a hysterectomy when she was very young because she had endometriosis and the doctor said that since she couldn't use it it was best to take it all out to prevent the chance of cancer. she has had to take hormones ever since just to keep her body balanced. its not an easy or a good alternative if your healthy and don't need it for a medical reason.
    JenaandSean

Answer by JenaandSean at 2:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would love a hysterectomy but I have no reason to have one. I had a tubal and DH had a vasectomy. I am taking no chances! If I could only choose one, I would have chosen for me to get the tubal. I feel like it is more protection.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I"m not concerned about other womens bodies. I know some that got a hysterectomy just so they don't have to have periods anymore,that is all.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• That's their choice. The reasoning only has to be valid to them. It's their body going through it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I know.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011