Do you kiss your kids on the lips?

I am referring to more of under the age of 4. Some people seem to think it is wrong & is being sick but i just see it as being loving & affectionate, nothing sick about it IMO. But everyone has their own opinion. What do you think?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I kiss my son on his lips, he is two in feb. and i will continue to kiss him on the lips until he gets to an older age, i still give a peck on the lips to my mom and my grandma and I see nothing wrong with it. People do look at me funny because my son is still at that age where he gives kisses with his mouth open but you know what, he kisses me! And if my little boy, my son, who i gave birth to wants to kiss his mommy on the lips and thats how he shows that he loves me, than i guess everyone else is going to have to get over it.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes I kiss them on the lips. Anyone who sees that as sick IMO has other issues they need to deal with.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, I did until they got into their pre teens. Then it was more hugs and kisses on the cheeks.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yep! my whole family has always kissed on the lips. I still kiss my parents and brothers on the lips. My grandparents were the same way too!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yeah, I kiss my 80 yr old gramma on her lips too...as well as most other relatives. babies, teens, adults and elderly
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When they were that young, yes. But, at the age they are now (11 and 16) I would not. Now, the only person I kiss on the lips is my husband. I have no desire to kiss anyone else on the lips.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes I do...my kids are 7 years 5 years..and VERY soon to be born! I dont see a thing in the world wrong with it!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• of course i kiss my 5 month old baby girl on the lips, her daddy does too. he'll hold her over his head and be like "oh no, i'm gonna give you kisses, oh no" and gives her kisses. it's so cute
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I used to when my daughter was little, but now that she is older, (almost 6) I don't kiss her own the lips anymore.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No Not at all but I also wasn't brought up that way either it's always been kisses on the cheek
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011