How do you keep the pasta from absorbing all the broth when you add it to chicken soup??

Any tricks up your sleeves ladies?? Thank you!! ;o)

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• precook it. add it to the broth after the broth has cooled and put it in the fridge immediate.y
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Precook your pasta before adding it to the soup and only make enough for that day, if it sits in the fridge it will soap up the broth.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Maybe you could cook your soup in one pot and then add in the pasta for each bowl so that the pasta is not acutually in the soup. If you do that I would cook the pasta in chicken or beef stock (whatever you are using for your soup).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Use less pasta. Add chicken broth.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I've always kept the pasta in a separate pot
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh yeah, I always pre cook the pasta... but it still soaks it up. Maybe I'm not cooking the pasta enough??

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree with tootoobusy. Less pasta and more broth. It's hard to make only a little bit of chicken soup. I end up making a whole stock pot full and freezing half of it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Salt your water. It "preserves" it so that it can't soak it up. Also don't have the soup or pasta super-hot when you add the pasta. I've never had a problem, and I always do it this way. Even putting leftovers in the fridge it doesn't soak up the broth.
    Anonymous

• When I make soup at home, I get the soup to a good boil, then toss in the noodles & serve the soup as soon as the noodles are done. If I am making soup for freezing for later, then I don't add any noodles until I'm ready to reheat & serve it. My noodles are never mushy or overdone.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OK.... precooked the pasta as usual... then put the pasta and the soup in the fridgeseparate... once both were cool I mixed them together. Problem solved!! Thank you all!!! The soup was delish!! ;o)

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011