How many outfits do you pack for baby in your hospital bag before you go into L&D?

Last time I think we packed 1 or 2 outfits, but this time I feel like I should pack one for every day I'll be in there. I'm having a repeat c-sect and last time with my c-sect I was in there for 4 days. I remember them saying my girl got cold so they had to put her under the "tanning bed" for a little bit. :( I didn't know any better and last time I just kept DD in the t-shirt they gave me in the hospital and bundled up in her blanket & hat. I thought that was enough. Now i have like 5 newborn "feetie jammies" in there & I just feel like I'm overdoing it. Another thing is, this one is coming next month (cold weather) and last time DD was born in May so it was warmer.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Can never over do it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had a march baby and I only took the one I was bringing him home in b/c they had him all swaddled up the whole time. But, I don't think it would hurt to bring a few. 5 may be a bit much though...lol! Best of luck Mama!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I brought one outfit for each day we were to stay plus her going home outfit. With DS I didn't pack any ended up with a c-sec and sent DH home to get him real clothes the next day. It sounds to me like you LO just got cold and it had nothing to do with what you were doing. I know LOTS of moms who never bring their LO's clothes for the hospital because they are only there for at most 2 days un like up c-sec moms who spend multiple night at the hospital. The only reason I packed clothes was because I wanted them to be 'dressed up' for visitors.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Bring one for each day, plus make sure you have a variety of sizes...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had my DD in February. I took a few outfits and receiving blankets as well. It's up to you. I had a vaginal delivery so I wasn't there as long as you were. I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Best Wishes!!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had my first in February in Michigan and didn't put her in clothes I brought until the going home outfit. She wasn't cold at all in her shirt/diaper/blanket/hat. This baby (May) I'm planning to take a premie outfit that my grandma gave me (that I don't expect to ever fit, but just in case), a newborn going home outfit and a 0-3 month going home outfit (in case he's big) and probably one or two extra sleepers, just in case I want them! I should only be in for two days though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I brought about 5-6 and had DH get more from home...It was pretty rough on my babies skin with all the harsh detergent so i brough all of my own stuff and the staff was great about it!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had my DD in July and youngest in Jan. For first DD I packed one outfit, her coming home oufit. But she had to stay in the NICU, so I actually got to bring outfits for her to wear for her stay there. For my 2nd DD I brought an outfit for everyday I was going to be there (3 days) And an extra one incase she had an accident in it or spit up =P Thank goodness I did!!!! you can never over do it!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I took a few..1 of everysize to 3 months..so 3 outfits total including the take home outfit..but they had his dressed in nursery clothes (the wrap around tshirt, halo and hat) so i didnt have to have him clothed with wat i had till the day we went home..I just made sure i had different sizes cuz u never know aht the baby will fit into!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Pack two, a newborn size AND a 0-3 size. Everyone told me that the newborn size would be too small for her, so I bought only 0-3's. Turns out that even though my daughter was born at 8lbs, she fit in the newborn size until she was 2 months old!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011