Has anyone noticed how mean some Moms are on here???

I came to this site for support from other Moms. I've noticed that if I answer a question a few of the same Moms put their input on my reply. I've never done anything to these Moms. I don't understand why they have to give their opinion on my post, why not just worry about their own answer. Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion, but I still don't understand why other Moms have to bring others down. Just had to vent....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I feel u. I think they r just assholes. They r like men in a woman's body. I ignore them like I do my husband lol.
    ArmywifeNatasha

Answer by ArmywifeNatasha at 2:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yup, I know what you mean. I thought our answers were for the original poster's question. But I'm used to it now. Have to grow a thick skin.
    Anonymous

• I'm new to cm and thankfully have'nt had any experiance with meaness. IHere's to hoping I don't :)
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Maybe we don't realize what we are doing?  When I respond to something someone has commented on, it's not meant to bring anyone down.  I have this happen to me a lot.  I view it differently though.  I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when you get a lot of people together, everyone is going to pretty much disagree.  I think learning about other peoples opinions is the best part of this site.  Debates are fun and some are downright hilarious.  Don't take things so seriously babe, use what you can, forget what people say to try to hurt your feelings. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Ignore the negative women and just listen to the ones that are trying to help.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• They're just bored, unhappy with themselves, and have nothing better to do but put people online down while pretty much being anonymous. Don't let them get to you. You just have to feel sorry for them. There are nice moms here too...just focus on them. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It's the same with the people that go through and vote everyone down. For some reason it makes them feel powerful. Pretty pathetic that you have to get your power trip from down voting answers on a website for moms, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes we have those mothers here. then they go on saying that your on a social network& you will get this, ive been on this site for a while, it doesnt end, i just ignore them i tell myself they only say things because its not face to face.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• depends on what they say. Some things are just being mean, but like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    don't assume just because someone doesn't agree that they are mean.

probably best to not take it so personally. Some people are just having a bad day sometimes.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I also think it depends on which SECTION you are in!! I think a lot of people confuse DEBATE with personal ATTACKS--especially in the politics section!! Now, if another poster got all huffy with you in the "Just for Fun" section, then I would say you have a case. LOL Don;t forget, if the comment is TRULOY offensive, and you didn't contribute to it, then click on that little "report answer" link next to every response, and let the Admins take care of the person--ANON or not!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011