Do you paint your DD's nails? & Do you let her put on makeup? (or do you put makeup on her..for giggles?)

My DD is only 2, (will be 3 in july) I paint her nails when she sees me doing my own.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 3 year old daughter LOVES getting her toenails painted.  Pink is her favorite color!  Make up is "play" nothing real.  Except lip gloss.  She loves lip gloss.  She is a total girly girl.  My sister painted my 3 year old face with real make up though and I had her wash it off.  I don't know why it bothered me.  Maybe it was how mature she looked but that got resolved real quick, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I painted my kids' nails when they were little, but no make up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• DD is 3. I have been painting her nails since she was around 18 months or so. She had make up put on her for fun for the first time the other day by my very best friends DD who is 10. It was hilarious. she loved it. Not something we will do a lot but if was fun for that day and she had to wash it off before we left for home.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I paint her nails a pink polish that is almost clear, she uses my lip gloss sometimes but just for fun and there have ben a few wet and boring saturdays when we're played dress up and done our make up and taken silly pics.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 3:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I pain my DDs nails pink. I sometimes put some chapstick on her but thats just about it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have painted their toenails since they were infants. I will also do make up if we are bored and not planning on leaving the house. I will let them get made up and wear dresses and then we will have a tea party.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I used to do her nails for her but now she is into art and has no time as she puts it to do her nails every day. So now they are just clear most of the time.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I paint them every once in a while. But if I'm putting on make up I put very little blush on her and maybe a little lip gloss. Nothing else.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i have two girls 5 & 3 and ive been painting thier nails since they were probabaly 4 months old , my youngest for her 3rd bday want a mani pedi so i took her to this cute lil salon where they had tiny pedi chairs for them , as for makeup ive let them try it on them self but just for fun a couple of times
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• DD is 1. So No.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011