Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

xan an ex who isn't the father of my child take me for dna testing because he believes he is?

My son looks a lot like his father, there is no denying him. but an ex fling of mine has it in his head that the baby belongs to him when there is no possible way that it could be. but the ex is threatening to take me to domestic relations and have dna testing done on my child even though he is told who the childs father is. can he do this?

Answer Question

Asked by babymomma101110 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

Level 7 (163 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • Let him. He is the one that has to pay for it and the one that will look like an idiot when it comes back the child isn't his.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • yes, but if its not his he cant do anything else

    Answer by pookipoo at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • I have no idea but I would just go with it so as to get him to back off. Once he sees it's not his what can he do-nothing.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • If he does it, we will see. Probably he will be allowed to if he can prove there is reason to suspect that the child is his.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 3:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Yes I think he can. If you are not paying for any of this testing and stuff, why are you not wanting it done? If you know who the baby daddy is, let him waiste his money.

    Answer by louise2 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Yea he can..he can dispute that the child is his..but HE will have to pay for the testing..he doesnt even have to go threw Domestic Relations..the can guy a DNA kit or finda DNA testing center..there are plenty of them..Domestic Relations may not do it unless Hes paying child support..or he wants custody..cause thats mainly what they paternity tests on child support cases and dealing with Support cases and such..

    but let him be the fool.dont fight it cause that will look bad on ur part..It will show the courts that you fear the kids his..Even if you Know 100% sure it isnt..

    Answer by SweetPoison at 3:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • i think he ca but just let this guy do it& prove him wrong then he will back off.

    Answer by gabby06 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • If he's not the father, why not let him and get it over with?

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • not sure if he can force you into the DNA test or not, but maybe it would be best to just get it done and over if you are certain that the child isn't his.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Just let him. Then there is no question about it, and you can get him out of your life for good!

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Health)
Support with Dementia