How do you get out of a life rut and re-invent yourself?

My life is stale and I want to find ways to get out of this rut and make changes for the new year, but I'm stuck in a messed up situation and I want out. For the moms who have been through dire situations, how did you overcome them? I want to overcome adversity, but how? I know what I need to do as far as making my life better, but I it's a matter of finding ways to get out of this rut. I'm so exasperated with stuff right now. I don't want to bring old problems into the new year, but I'm so stuck.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• set goals and make a plan to reach them ! That's what has worked for me ! Try something new....go to the gym and set fitness goals....it's amazing the clarity physical activity brings you if you aren't already active...and if you are, maybe you need new goals...something exciting you never thought you could do...and do it....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Stop what you're doing and do something different. Sit in a different chair, stand up while you're using the computer, move the furniture around, eat the healthiest choice you can find in your house, watch a variety of tv you never watch, read a magazine you would never buy...

The first thing you need to do to see that change is possible is to change something. Anything. Doesn't matter what.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• for me..when i get in a rut i make up my mind to change it then push forward.
    i change my hair color or my hair style
    go out and get new groceries and new recipes
    do anything and everything i can to change my life around...
    find out what it is first off that ur unhappy with and go from there..perhaps taking more you time is in order..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• find a hobby, like scrapbooking or join a club, like a book club or take a class in sewing or cooking
    do something you have never done before, take chances, talk to yourself into doing things and not giving up.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I hear ya Momma! I purchased a great Bible for women that has short devotionals after each reading. It explains things very nicely and asks a few questions on different topics. I find quiet time to do this each day and have been slowly working on finding happiness within myself so I can make others around me happy as well. I want more for myself and my family and I feel that asking God for guidance is the first key. Good luck! Know you are working yourself out of that rut to better who you are, and find lil bits of motivation everywhere!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I hear you, it's just hard to get ahead being the fact that I have little education. Some will say that I'm using my situation as an excuse, but I really find it hard to get out of this rut. I do have my GED, but I have to make up for the major gaps in my education if I want to get out of poverty. My situation is like no other, therefore, no agencies really can't help me because I am uneducated with a GED. I know that I'm smart, I just haven't had the chance to further my education like I want to.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011