What color/finish is your dinette or dinner table set

and what color is your cabinets or kitchen, does your dinette set matches your cabinets

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 3:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Actually, it currently all matches. It's dark brown oak (cabinets) and dark brown pine (furniture) and I hate all of it.

I want to bleach the cabinets, so they're blond oak, and I want to throw away the whole dining set and replace it with something nicer, lighter and much more modern.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My table and kitchen cabinets aren't in the same room - so no, they don't match. My table is an oak top table and chair seats with a red stain for the legs of the table and backs and legs of the chairs. The matching pie safe has an oak top and drawer pulls/knobs and red stain on the rest. I love love love it!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My table is in the dining room and the cabinets in the kitchen so there's no reason for it to match. The table is an oak finish and the cabinets are white with a carmel colored wash to make them look aged.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My kitchen cabinets are cherry and my table chairs and buffet are cherry with oak tops and seats
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• mine sort of match I guess, i live in apt so i had no control over the colors in the kitchen
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my cabinents are a yellowing pine and so old thy talk to me daily about being knocked out! (i think they are original to the house (1960) my dinnig dable is a lite oak
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Our dining room table & chairs are cherry and our kitchen cabinets are white, so no, they don't match, but they're not in the same room, so it doesn't matter (we do not have an EIK).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We don't have a table in our kitchen. My dinning room set was my late grandmothers which
    includes table, buffet and corner hutch all maple (I think)... the room is cream in color with one wall red.... we
    are going to have all of the pieces re done this summer, I want them stripped and antiqued ...
    bought a second corner hutch at the local thrift store and it's color matches the cream walls,
    but will be antiqued too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• sounds beautifula ladies and @ linda you so funny
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Our kitchen table is an acrylic shell with a glass top- It is an aquarium that houses our aquatic turtle. We have white wood cabinets and live in a beach house.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011