Consultant moms how do I push my "hostess" along?

I agreed to a book party that was supposed to close on Oct. 31. She asked me for another week. I've been trying to contact her since (2 weeks & haven't heard back). I told her our absolute latest was Dec. 10 & now I'm afraid she will wait till then. I just want to close out her party because I hate having that hanging over my head. How can I get her to hurry it along? She is out of state so it's not like I can just go over & pick up her orders. She is a busy mom but she wanted to do this.

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would just tell her flat out that it HAS to be closed by the 10th of Dec....Just tell her you have already kept it open longer than you are supposed to and there are no exeptions on this!! i have had to get pushy from time to time with some women who want me to wait I never ever wait more than 2 weeks and that is pushing it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Are there certain sales that end on a certain date? If any of her guests ordered that stuff, tell her she has to get the orders in for her guests to get the sale price. Is she is trying to get more people to buy stuff so che can get more credit? Seems odd to me.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We don't do parties in our company so there is no pressure from anyone to work or not to work.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Because, like most, she can't find people to come. No one has any money and what they have they don't want to feel forced into purchasing things they don't need nor want. Parties are dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would be concerned that people placed orders and they aren't getting their product. If she hasn't collected any orders I would just move on and leave it to her to contact you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008