Why do some kids talk too much and when asked to stop and pla y quietly for a while then they don't?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• why is it wheni tell my kids to go find something to do or go play they get upset like its a punishment? lol never thought playing was a punishment.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Some of us can't shut up even when we try, as kids or adults!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• They are kids and they are curious. My two year old never stops talking. Ever. My husband is constantly asking me why he doesn't stop talking. That's just something he likes to do right now. I tell him, be thankful.... the sound of your childs voice and laughter is something to cherish.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Actually, I'm not trying to order my child around, but I do feel that she should sit quietly at times when I have things to take care of and when I can't entertain her every second of the day. I have to be honest, I don't like your answer at all.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Laura970, that's funny, but so true. It's not that we don't want to spend time with our kids, but the constant chatter can be tiring after a while.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• For the same reason that when some adults are told to talk more, they don't.

Because they're individual people with their own preferences and goals in life that don't usually match whoever it is who thinks they have the right to order them around.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011