Baby shower idea's

I am throwing my sister baby shower next month and I need some ideas. She is having a little boy and I am think of different things to do food wise and cake idea..

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 3:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Depends on the theme and time of day your having it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It is in the afternoon and it will be anything boyish... MY other sister is incharge of theme all I know is the colors are blue,green,yellow
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• One of the nicest showers I ever went to was appetizers only before and during, and then dessert after the presents were opened. Some apps were ready as people arrived and then others were passed during the opening of the presents. Make sure the mom of honor gets some, though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would keep the foods to just finger foods. A veggie tray, fruit tray, a sandwich tray, chips, dips, maybe cheese and crackers. As for the cake, do you know what her nursery is done in?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• u could steal the idea of a king cake- marti gras desert- with a (quarter sized- plastic) baby in it. whoever gets the baby is supposed to have good luck for the year. but warn people before they begin eating it. i am sure a bakery could put it in whatever style cake you order. ABC blocks are always a cute boy theme - get it on the cake and decorate tables with real ABC blocks/ classic boy toys and the preggo can keep them for later!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011