what do you like best about living in a mobile home?

we currently live in a mobile home on our own private property, about 2 acres. Great neighborhood, lots of kids, good schools, quiet country area, it'a BEAUTIFUL out here! The rent is affordable and our landlords are great. But our mobile home (double wide) is a bit old, poor insolation, cheap walls, cheap windows, the floor is caving in and the landlord is only fixing one area at a time. They offered us to lease it but we know they just want the problems off their hands and they want too much for it considering its condition (we could always get someone out her to r-appraise it) We'd really like to move to an actual "house" but all the ones we can afford to rent are in the bad areas of town. I don't mind living here but SO wants to move soon. We have been keeping our eyes peeled like crazy but havent had much like finding a similar area to live!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't know..I have lived in a few (two growing up, one when my Husband and I were starting out), but it was no different from a typical house. I def don't hate them, though..they can be really nice!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• we are surrounded by nice ones lol This is one of the originals when the neighborhood was created. It is a cute home, just needs some fixin up. Really tearing it down and replacing it with a new(er) one would be great but that would cost lots of money which we and the landlords cannot afford right now.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I love double wide mobile homes. My mom lives in one and it's gorgeous. Actually I think most people around here live in mobile homes (more affordable, I suppose). We live in a single wide right now and I HATE it! My kitchen is barely bigger than my old bathroom at my mom's house, with almost no counter space, we don't have closets except for two teeny ones in the two tiny bedrooms, etc. It's just not laid out well. I've been in some really nice, surprisingly spacious single wides, but we moved in here when there were just two of us. Hopefully we'll get to move soon, also. I just really need more space. As far as my favorite thing about mobile homes goes, I'd say the cost and the fact that you can buy land and move one onto your land, instead of having to wait for a home to be built. I wish we had my mom's :( It's the perfect size for our family of 3.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• the home has nice space that's for sure! I just wish things werent so cheap. The floors are plywood and starting to sink (the landlord is only fixing those little areas at a time), the walls are cheap and thin, you can really feel a draft by the windows....it's these little things. Oh and the low ceilings too. I always feel self conscious about that when guests come over. I dont know why. I mean we should count our blessings we at least have this place and kick ass landlords (a nice married couple who even gave us clothes when my son was born)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011